Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FINALS

So I have been abusing myself lately. With finals, get your minds out of the gutter. I'm not a high stress person. I don't let tests or worrying about whether some tiny detail on the coagulation pathway will determine my success in life. I think a lot of that is bull shit. On the other hand, I am a person who enjoys knowing things. I like being able to spout of pathways or the pathophysiology of a disease. My finals studying becomes a combination of learning what I want to learn and learning what will be on the test. People who try to "game" tests by figuring out what is on them and asking excessive questions to that motivation drive me crazy. We should be interested enough in the material to learn it and learn it well. We should want to be the most competent people we can be in order to help patients. I know this is idealistic and many will argue this mode of learning just doesn't work. I'll just have to disagree with those people.

I am looking forward to escaping the medicine/science world for a while after finals. I'm trying to make plans for NYC over New Years. We'll see how that works out. I won't know what to do with myself without having material to learn. I am a freak. We all are.

No comments: