Monday, November 10, 2008

Immunocompromised

Took an immuno test this morning that covered virtually all of the basis science behind immunology. Fun. Immunology actually is fun because it is very clinically relevant. Clinical case presentations go a long way to understanding the mechanisms behind immune response. One more test in a couple days on Pathology and then its cruise control until finals.

On another note, I performed my first physical examination last week. It was a bit impromptu. The physician walked me through it and held my hand at every step. It was still quite strange acting like a doctor. It felt a bit like I was being asked to go through the motions for a play rather than examining another human being for signs of disease. I did learn a lot, though. I believe becoming a practicing physician will take much repetition before I feel as though I am not a complete poser.

No comments: