Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vive Madrid

Madrid has been a fantastic haze. I´ll gladly pimp my hostel: Cat´s hostel. Good location and great atmosphere. The downstairs bar, from which I am writing for free, is an amalgamation of language and culture heavily drenched in giant glasses of sangria. I have met people from the states, Belgium, Australlia (winners of craziest drinkers award), England, Brazil, Singapore, Chile, Scotland, Germany, and of course Spaniards. Diverse drinking games, cheers, and dancing breaks out as the booze continue to flow. Each night i start becoming ancy to leave at around 11, but am told to wait. Living up to it´s reputation for being late, Madrid clubs become fun at around 1. Those looking for advice on Clubs/bars should look elsewhere, they are all a poisoned blur in my mind. Coming back to my bunk at god knows what time, I have slept until at least 1 everyday and usually much later. My afternoons have been spent wondering through cultural highlights and often stopping for naps. I strongly recommend el Museo de Prado, and jardines del buen retiro. Now I am going to attempt the impossible: sleeping in a mostly sober state so that I can wake up and head to the train station for Pamplona in the morning.

No comments: