Thursday, July 3, 2008

Vacation

After a 4 day music festival and watching around 3600 hours of online TV shows over the past 3 weeks, I am drained. I have basically turned into a jar of mayonnaise at this point. Work is over, school is around the corner. But these things are taking a back seat to my excitement for leaving the country today. My recently received stimulus check will be going directly to foreign tourist traps. Sorry Uncle Sam. Coming from a family which never traveled outside of the country and being a poor student my entire adult life, this is my first trip to mainland Europe. The chance to practice the spanish and see some of the places I have long held in esteem (hi Barcelona) is making my face melt with anticipation. No, really.

I am debating running with the bulls. Many I have discussed this with have an aversion towards it. I don't have a pressing urge to get gored in the ass by an angry bull. I simply think it will be a once in a lifetime event. Romantic notions of man vs. beast and story time with grandkids aside, running with the bulls could be my final expression of youthful idiocy. 7-8 years of intensive, stressful training with the lives of others in my care will likely demand greater discretion. Increasing age and likelihood of increased responsibilities would make an act like running with the bulls completely unreasonable.

All of this being said, chances are great that I will watch the running once and lose all stomach for it. Horn enemas really aren't my thing.

No comments: