Monday, May 26, 2008

Que pasa

The readership of this blog will likely be nil, but I think the cathartic effects of writing things down may be selfishly worthwhile. I fancied myself a writer at various points in my life until realizing I had very little talent for it. This blog will help scratch that itch. Be warned that my practices in using language are similar to my eating habits: I'll try anything and a little bit of spice livens up a meal. I am also a bit sick today and fighting off any thoughts of productivity at work, so writing a blog allows for sitting and vomiting ideas rather than pippetting in a cold room. My posts will likely be sporadic and my thoughts nearly always unorganized, but perhaps others crawling through the medical maze will scrape a valuable idea from this mess or learn from my experience.

I am 24 and will be matriculating in the fall of 2008, where this matriculation will occur is still somewhat up in the air. For those wanting the nitty-gritty, I'm sure there will be more posts. I consider myself to be a person of broad interests. While biological science has been my focus, literature and the social sciences have diverted me at several points. I carry a mixed bag of experiences as a multi-racial/multi-cultural person who has lived in quite divergent areas. I believe these characteristics to be valuable; the biomedical world could use more people with diversified interests. Where my medical path will lead is still very much an open question. Medical research has played an enormous role for me, but there are so many avenues I have not pursued. I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and mucking around in the disparate fields that physicians have open to them. As you read on, you will find that I am a very idealistic person. While my naivety may sometimes be obvious, I believe idealism to be to the core human value that leads to changes for the better. This vein of idealism will be evident throughout my blogs as I air out general ideas about the medical community, social structures, and human societies. If this isn't appealing to you, get out now. I tend to be insufferable (whiny) to people with set ideals. Those wanting a diary of events may also be disappointed at times, but I will undoubtedly use this blog to talk about personal experience as well. Having established these parameters, I hope you will read along. I'm not all business and I'm hoping there will be some fun in the blog along the way. I wanted to get this initial post in to let anyone reading know a tiny bit about me. Enjoy...

No comments: