Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break

Well, I made to to a break. The past week of class has been a bit brutal. My program is such that separate professors create their own curricula without too much attention to what is going on in other classes. Occasionally this leads to classes assigning way too much work at the same time without seeming to recognized that we have multiple classes. Now, this appears to be a simple fix to me. Have a meeting between the profs before the semester starts and iron out the schedules to make sure things make sense. Maybe I'm just a simpleton who doesn't understand that these are important people who can't be bothered to take time. Or maybe they just don't give a fuck.

Either way, last week was a bombardment of case reports, problems sets, and tests. I've made it out, may have bombed a test, but whatever. P = MD (pass gets you your MD).

Now on to spring break. I'm not going anywhere exciting, but the decompressing is very well appreciated right now. I'm going to spend some time seriously considering how I want the next few years to play out academically. I have a couple opportunities to take time and do some cool stuff, but I'm not sure it would be the best thing for my future or the most productive use of my time. I'm not terribly concerned with timing, but I am hoping to get to the heart of my career before I'm 40. There is not enough time to do everything, but there are routes to doing so many different things within medicine. So I'm going to think.

Otherwise, socially life it a bit dull. I think our first year class has settled into a rythm. We know who is who. To me, this is dreadfully boring. I'm excited to welcome the next batch. My school is sending out acceptences this upcoming week and I'll be hosting a couple of kids. The huge difference in my perspectives from last year to this year is startling. It will be fun seeing things from this side of the fence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So much for your blog.